Wednesday, January 18, 2012

First Post!

Hello everyone!  Here is a little bit about my background.  I have been fascinated with airplanes ever since I was very small and one of my favorite parts about going to visit my grandparents was getting to go to the airport.  When I began to look at colleges I was excited to see an aviation program.


I started college as an aviation flight technology major.  During my first semester I noticed that as much as I love flying, I am really more interested in the operations and management side of aviation operations.  I officially switched to being an aviation management technology major beginning my sophomore year.  


I am still deciding where in the aviation field I would like to end up.  I find air traffic control to be very fascinating and am hoping to enter that field in the fairly near future.  Another aspect of the industry I am interested in is human resources and program coordinating.


Recently I have been interested in a few topics.  The Nextgen implementation process has been an interest of mine as it will greatly impact air traffic control operations.  Another topic I have been following is the American Eagle financial problems.   





1 comment:

  1. I too was excited when I found out that colleges actually had aviation programs. I had no idea. NextGen seems to interest many, so we will most likely be addressing it at some point.

    ReplyDelete